14 Ways to Organize and Fixup Your Home
Posted on March 27th, 2020
Right about now is when most of us are starting to get stir crazy around the home. As we are all taking the time to stay safely at home, it could feel like the motivation to keep busy is starting to dwindle.
Though you might feel like you have cleaned every inch of your home, we have a list of productive things you might have missed. Below are 14 ways you can clean, organize, or fix up your home while spending more time indoors:
1. Clean out your junk draw: Whether it’s one or two, now is the time to go through and get rid of anything you haven’t used in the last year.
2. Tackle soap scum stains: vinegar, water, and a bit of dish detergent in a spray bottle can do the trick. Spray and let sit for 15 minutes. Scrub with a soft-bristle brush and rinse with hot water.
3. Organize your fridge: look at labels, throw out expired foods, and do a deep clean of each shelf when organizing considers putting leftovers and fresh fruits on the top shelf so they last longer.
4. Organize your freezer: while you’re doing the fridge, don’t forget the freezer too. Ditch paper boxes and lay products flat for more storage space. Feeling creative? Label things with dates, also.
5. Deep clean your blinds: run your shade with a microfiber cloth or vacuum attachment. For heavily soiled plastic blinds, soak in your tub for an hour.
6. Shake out your throw rugs: Get some fresh air and get the dirt and debris out of your carpets, too.
7. Fix nicks and scratches in furniture and floors: have artist paint, markers, or shoe polish lying around? These are just some of the ways you can get rid of scratches and marks in your wood furniture and floors.
8. Soak shower heads: mineral deposits can build-up inside your showerhead damaging it and reducing your water quality. Consider soaking it in vinegar and scrubbing with an old toothbrush.
9. Clean your shower curtain: you might frequently replace your shower curtain liner, but what about the actual curtain? Now is the time to throw it in the wash and give it a spring cleaning.
10. Dust off your old board games: gone through your television must watch list? Why not create a nightly game ritual with the whole family. Dust off the old games and spend some quality time together after dinner.
11. Take a cooking class: looking to up your dinner skills a bit? Why not purchase an online course. If you are more interested in just a new recipe or two, there are many online galleries or videos you can choose from, too.
12. Learn a new skill: wanting to learn how to juggle, pick up some dance moves or sew? Now is the perfect time to dedicate a few hours to doing something that can calm your nerves.
13. Move your furniture around: Has your living room been in the same arrangement since the day you moved in? Why not do a little rearranging. Reconfiguring a few places can boost your mood and keep your mind stimulated. Plus, your room will have a whole new appeal.
14. Create a bucket list: Now is the time to think of all the things you wish to learn, do, see, and explore. Create a joint list with your loved ones and list them in order of priorities. Remember, it can be anything from remodeling a room to learning a new language.
Drain Cleaning and HVAC in Arizona
Whether it’s a drain cleaning or A/C service, we’ve got you covered. Plumbing & A/C Medic is a 24-hour emergency plumbing and HVAC service, that provides both residential and commercial service, valley-wide. To learn more about our drain cleaning services, visit our contact us today.