A Quick Checklist for Water Damage
Posted on May 23rd, 2018
Fact: some may think that water damage is not a serious threat to their home — but it could become a significant problem. Regardless if the water damage comes from a sink or a pipe, water damage can always be severe.
Also, if water leaks are not cleaned on the spot, then more damages can occur quickly — which will result in more losses and the possibility of a strong mold developing.
When handling water damage, you should adhere to the following steps ASAP:
1. Consult trustworthy plumbing and water damage specialists immediately (Plumbing & A/C Medic).
2. While waiting for these experts, remove furniture and other items from the area. This includes pieces that aren’t too heavy to lift and are not plugged into electrical sockets.
3. Other items of furniture that are too heavy to remove, like couches and TVs, should have tarps and plastic underneath, around, and over them, if applicable.
4. Next, you’ll want to open the windows and doors to prevent possible mold and other airborne substances from developing.
5. After that, turn on fans, empty out buckets filled with water, and mop/wipe all water leaks within your reach.
6. Finally, you’ll want to take pictures and write down all the damages caused to give to your insurance company.
If you find yourself in this situation, then it’s essential to contact Plumbing & A/C Medic immediately. Call us today or visit our website for more information.