National Toilet Tank Repair Month: How We Can Help
Posted on October 29th, 2015
October is National Toilet Tank Repair Month! The initiative is designed to raise awareness leaky toilets, which can all too easily go undetected.
According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, unknowing homeowners with constantly-running toilets could be wasting up to 200 gallons of water every day. Here are some more shocking facts about leaky toilets:
- The most common cause of a toilet leak is a broken flapper. (Watch our quick video on how to change a toilet flapper.)
- A significant toilet leak can cost you up to $44 per day.
- In-take toilet bowl cleaners tend to wear down toilet flappers, leading to leaks.
Is your toilet leaking? If you’re unsure, follow these steps:
- Place a few drops of food dye into your toilet tank
- Let the toilet sit for about 30 minutes, and make sure nobody flushes
- Inspect the water within the toilet bowl
If the food coloring has made its way into your toilet’s bowl, then unfortunately you have a leak. The expert and professional plumbers of Plumbing Medic are here to help — during National Toilet Tank Repair Month and year-round! With 24-hour emergency service available to the entire Phoenix Valley area, our number one priority is providing excellent and personalized plumbing service to our valued customers.
Give us a call today for help diagnosing and repairing toilet leaks: