Tips on How to Clean Your Sink
Posted on February 26th, 2020
An essential task for any homeowner is cleaning tidying frequently used spaces throughout the house — especially sinks! Here are some helpful tips and tricks to help keep your sinks sparkling clean with ease!
Cleaning the Bowl
Whether the sink is in the kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room—sinks are prone to showing dirt, rust, and grime. In order to keep your sink bright and white, use these tips to restore it to its original luster:
- Use a wet cloth to dampen the bowl of your sink
- Sprinkle baking soda until the bowl is dusted
- Pour a cap-sized amount of hydrogen peroxide over the baking soda
- Use a brush or the abrasive side of a sponge to scrub thoroughly
- Rinse with warm water
Faucets and Handles
Hands covered in dirt, food particles, and bacteria are the main culprits for dirtying up your sink’s handles and faucet—which is why it is imperative to keep these areas clean. Use the following tips to wipe down your hardware:
- Use soapy water or all-purpose cleaner
- Scrub your hardware with a sponge or cleaning brush
- An old toothbrush can be used for hard-to-reach nooks and crannies
- After scrubbing, wipe down your faucet and handles with a dry cloth
Professional Drain Cleaning
Unsightly rings around your sink from slowly-draining water may indicate that it is time to have your drains cleaned. Typically, before drains become completely clogged, they will start to drain slower than usual.
Although there are drain cleaning solutions on the market, it is recommended that you avoid them and call a professional for maintenance instead. This is because they are corrosive and can cause premature damage to your pipes.
Drain Cleaning in Arizona
Whether it’s a drain cleaning or rooting services, we’ve got you covered. Plumbing & A/C Medic is a 24-hour emergency plumbing and HVAC service, that provides both residential and commercial service, valley-wide. To learn more about our drain cleaning services, visit our contact us today.